Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 300something - Are You Smarter Than A 1st Grader?

Luke is getting too smart. Smart in that I have to run to Google many times a day. Way to make me feel like an idiot.

Here is a sample from today. I'll put my non-knowledge right out there for you.

Example #1

Luke: How can the dinosaurs have lived millions of years ago when it's 2010?

Me: The years have to do with Jesus. It's like positive and negative numbers. People have been around a million years, but some lived before Jesus and some lived after - like the Romans...who lived in say, 900 BC.

Luke: How did they know they were living in 900 BC when Jesus hadn't been born yet? What numbers were the years back then?

Me: I'm going to have to Google that.

Example #2

While reading a page out of a dinosaur book it mentioned that a somethingasaurus was 20 tons. Luke asked me how much that weighed. I tried to channel 6th grade math...but I couldn't blow the dust off that one. 2000 lbs. x ton or 4000 lbs. x ton. "I'm going to have to Google that."

Then he broke out into the diarrhea song, and all was balanced again.

No comments:

Post a Comment