Thursday, March 11, 2010

Days 370 & 371 - That's Lucky

Yesterday morning I had my usual Wednesday tennis and adult chat time at the gym. I wasn't in too big of a hurry to get home because I knew the cleaning lady would still be there finishing up. (Wednesdays are always my favorite days of the week.)

When I finally returned home, the cleaning lady said that the kids' school was trying to get a hold of me because Luke was sick. Uh-oh. Bad mom.

I zipped back out to pick up the boy with the 99 degree fever who had been waiting on me for 2 hours. Oops.

The fever went away quickly, and he was fairly perky (but bored) for the rest of the day. But, all day I thought ahead to today...do I send him or not? The policy is "fever free for 24 hours." Hmmm...that's going to be a close call.

Luck was on my side today. I looked out the window and saw a nice thick 2 hour delay layer of fog out there. I flipped on the TV to confirm and (yippee!) there was a delay! So, that meant when I sent him to school at 10:30 it was exactly 24 hours. Perfect. I love how things just work out sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment