Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 220 - Sugar Overload


As if eating a week at Disney wasn't sweet enough...

Today was the third day of birthday treat overload. Saturday was Elise's birthday so I made cakes for her and Luke. Yesterday was Luke's birthday party and I bought cupcakes for that. Today was the day Luke was to bring a birthday treat to school for his class.

So, enter super mom (who is now officially the room parent of Luke AND Maria's classes AND the co-chair of the school carnival - someone slow me down...)

Anyways, as I was saying...cupcakes. So, today I baked them and made homemade frosting...mmm. (That canned stuffed is gross...) So here is how to make some yummy (and easy) frosting:


Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:

1 1/4 sticks of soft butter
3 1/2 cups powered sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
4 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vanilla

Whip up the butter for about 30 seconds. Add the other ingredients and beat until fluffy. Yum!

I'm going to start the Post-Disney Detox program tomorrow...really.

No comments:

Post a Comment