Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 360 - Looking Back

Looking back, having one child was pretty easy. Luke was a pretty good baby and was easy to cart along on errands. That was so long ago I can hardly remember.

Maria came along 21 months later and I felt a little more challenged to go out into the world successfully.

Then we had number 3, and I thought I'd never be able to leave the house again. To run out for groceries seemed impossible. I tried to avoid taking all 3 kids with me anywhere. Anywhere!

But, in the last year, the only choice I've had is to cart all of these little people with me everywhere. I finally think all of this reluctant practice is paying off.

The kids had an extra long winter break this weekend, and a few months ago I would have completely dreaded it. But we conquered this weekend. I took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese, Target, a church fish fry, and the grocery store all by myself.

{We also went to the bowling alley, but because Luke had a meltdown about not getting a strike or spare I can not include this experience in the success story.}

Anyhow...one more day until the kids go back to school. Thank goodness Chris will be flying in later tonight and will be able to share the rest of the weekend with us. I think I deserve a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment