Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 254 - The Grandparents


Chris' parents left yesterday after a nice weekend. I got to cook real food (chili, pork tenderloin) and splurge on things we don't normally eat (donuts, cinnamon rolls).

It did seem that the weekend revolved around sugar. Grandma Mary Lou wanted to make decorated sugar cookies with the kids. We made turkey shaped cookies using the kids' hands for templates. Left over Halloween candy and lots of sprinkles made them awesome.



Then on the second run to the store for donuts, the grandparents brought back these obnoxious mother-load of all sugar high craziness:


I haven't even let the kids touch these guys yet. I'm waiting for a moment where I can let them run it off. I'm not even sure that is possible. I think that is about 3 pounds of frosting on that thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment