Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 256 - Hard Day

We had it rough around here today. Maria skinned and fattened up her lip in a scooter mishap, the baby bonked her head pretty hard as she (literally) ran away from me, and I crushed my foot on the baby's toy.

I figured it wouldn't be a complete day unless Luke had some mishap himself.

Instead...I got a call from the principal that he caused a mishap. A melee' is a better term for what happened. Against girls. He hit girls today. I could not be more disappointed.

I struggle every darn day with him. I feel bad for him and for the hand he's been dealt. I want to strip away all of the meds for ADHD and the problems caused by Chris being at war, and see what is left...who is the real Luke?

I want to blame it all on something.

Is it because he is surrounded by girls? All of the neighbors his age are girls. His class is 2/3 girls. He is taught by females. He is stuck in this house with all females. I imagine he just wants to wrestle, fart, and whatever else boys do.

Is it me? Am I just a bad mom? I want the magic pill. I want the quick fix.

Here he is at 7 and I am already resenting the calls from the teachers and the prinicpal. I don't even feel like answering the phone...because I don't think I can fix it.

I am tired of all the prescription experimentation, the doctors, the questions about his short life history, the paperwork, the appointments, the therapy.

So, enough of this bad day. I hope for a better one tomorrow. That is all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment