Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 309 - Goodbye 2009

I'm glad it's the last day of 2009. For me, it signals the end of a crappy hard year. Don't let all my happy blogs fool you...this has been tough. It's been a long, lonely road. But somehow the changing of the year signifies a closeness of getting back to normal. I am looking forward to getting reintroduced to normal.

Today while Elise was a day care, I got to play with the big kids and do big kid stuff. That is something we don't normally get to do, since the baby is always around to hinder our big kid fun.

First, I took the kids sledding. We have a park with a giant hill that eases from steep to mild. Luke had a new sled that goes faster than anything I've ever seen. And he loved the thrill.


Maria got a little brave this year and started going by herself. She even eased over more into the steep territory.

(Tammi - Thank goodness I didn't give away these mittens. They were so warm!)

After sledding we went to the movies to see the Chipmunk movie. They loved it. Notice, I said "they." I'm craving an adult movie here. Craving. (My last 3 theater experiences...Chipmunks, G-Force, and Wall-E. Gee...get out much do ya?)

The rest of the day was spent playing with all kinds of new Christmas toys and visiting with neighbors. Not a bad way to end the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment