Sunday, September 6, 2009

Days 184 - 185 Cookin'

I like to cook, but when it's just me and the kids, we try to keep it simple. The faster the meal is made, the better.

But now that Chris is home...oh, did I tell you Chris is home? (Whoo-hoo!) He's home (and his parents and brother are visiting) so I'm cooking. And cooking, and baking, and cooking.

I think I've used every dish and utensil in this house twice in the last 24 hours.

Here is the list of everything I've made in the last 36 hours.

Homemade soup, lasagna, beer bread, banana bread, blueberry sour cream coffee cake, fried potatoes, chicken salad, 2 loaves of meatloaf, a veggie tray, and chocolate chip cookies (with white chocolate pretzels in them).

All of this cooking should feed us for the next week, so that I don't have to spend any more time in the kitchen! I'm going to savor every minute of Chris' long (but short) visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment