Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 160 - Full Day

No wonder I'm tired. Besides being slightly sick, we've been on the go. When I get home, I'm going to need a vacation, or a nap...whichever is more easily obtained.

We woke up and headed down to the cheese shanty for sandwiches. Today's pick for me was chicken, brie, dried cherries, a vinaigrette, and sunflower seeds on a pretzel bread roll. For my "diet" I ate 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner.


Next we drove to the tip of the pinky finger of Michigan to see the lighthouse. I think the kids were a little young for it, but it was a nice scenic drive.


Next we spent a few hours at a new beach we found out about called Christmas Cove. It had a lot of petoskey stones...but it also had a bit too much seaweed for our liking.


After a rest and dinner, we headed out for the daily dose of Moomer's Ice Cream. I have switched to a kid sized cone this year. Think of how many calories I've saved. The kids have switched to cups instead of cones since we've lost a few too many scoops to gravity over the years.

After the ice cream, we walked to the local park and Luke immediately was drawn to the huge trees. This one had about 6 trunks and was hollow in the middle.


This one was begging to be scaled. That's a trick he learned at home in our hallway.

Elise has been a trooper this whole trip. She's had the same ugly cold as me, but she's still had a good demeanor. This swing had her name on it. A perfect way to end the day.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! What an awesome tree! What a cool trick Luke! I'm glad you're having a good time, makes me want to get up-north like RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete