Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 167 - Babysitter

The kids have a babysitter about once every 2 years or so. Realizing this made me really think of how I need to get out more.

So, tonight was my night to escape. My neighbor/friend/craft muse and I went to eat up some tapas and drink sangria. It was super yummy and better than that...I did not think of the kids once. And to have a meal where I don't have to bend over and pick up food off the floor is priceless.

When I returned to the house the babysitter said Maria had been thirsty and headed out to the garage and came back inside with an entire box of juice pouches. The babysitter asked Maria if she thought I would have wanted her to drink a juice pouch at that time of night to which Maria excitedly replied, "Well, Mom's not here!!"

Yeah...I need to get out more.

1 comment:

  1. a couple weeks ago when we had a sitter, Brady said to Ainsley in front of us: "the babysitter is here, we can do whatever we want"
    What he meant was 'we can talk her into all sorts of stuff mom and dad don't do with us much' - like getting Ainsley's play make up out or painting, cause they make messes and we don't like cleaning them up.

    ReplyDelete