Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 312 - Jinx

(I am predicting tomorrow there being a blog post about lack of sleep stemming from Maria's ongoing vomiting tonight. I am hoping there is an end in sight. So far she's been sick about every 15 minutes for the last 5 hours. Gatorade awaits when her fragile tummy is ready, and our green machine carpet cleaner is waiting in the wings.)

I tried to do a reverse psychology move on my future last night. I was just sure that if I counted on being awake all night and shared that fact with the world, that the powers that be would prove me wrong.

Nope. My prediction was spot-on.

Maria threw up constantly from 4:30 last night until 3:30 in the morning, then went right back to it when she woke up at 7:30. She took a nap today, and has now kept down a few sips of Gatorade.

Luke joined the vomit party at 3:30 in the morning. He chose to not open the lid to the toilet, so I had a wee-bit of housecleaning in the middle of the night. He got sick again when he woke up, but after his nap he was feeling much better.

Dark circles under the eyes...it's the new black.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. You deserve an award. A trophy. And a large cash prize to go with it.

    One thing that I cannot handle, is vomit. Not mine. Not my babies. Not anybody elses. Spitup is one thing, but vomit... no.

    I do hope that everyone is feeling better soon, I know its so hard when the littles ones are sick especially, but I've got my fingers crossed that you don't come down with it too Mama. The worst part about being a mom and being sick, is there isn't anybody to take care of you.

    Hang in there :(

    ReplyDelete