Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 322 - Phone-a-Friend

This morning I woke up like any other morning (at 5:30 grrrr) with the baby. I was prepping for the cleaning lady and looking forward to tennis. After getting the baby her breakfast, the wackiest thing happened - my back went into total crippling spasms. It was the second worst pain I've ever been in right behind being in labor. The pain turned me into a "please have pity on me" kind of mom. I think Luke was moments away from calling 911.

Somehow I whipped together some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while the kids took orders from me about getting ready on their own.

Meanwhile I put my neighbor Melissa on call - just in case. Then I called my neighbor Brandie, who thankfully was able to cart Luke and Maria to school for me.

Once I popped some ibuprofin and snuggled up with the heating pad, my life was more bearable. So I took it real easy today. I made some meatloaf and banana bread, then took a nap and played on the computer. By the time the kids got home, I was feeling much better.

~~~~~~
Here is the scoop about Chris now that I've had a chance to chat with him. He'll be out in California until late February. Then he gets to come home for 96 hours. Then, he'll most likely work in St. Louis throughout March and April. He can probably fly home for visits on some weekends. Then in May he'll be done.

And done is really just the beginning, since in June he takes over being the battalion's commander. 2 years of that and then he can retire!

No comments:

Post a Comment