Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 103 - Pie

Pie is way down at the bottom of the list of desserts I prefer. It's tied with ice cream. I'd much rather have any form of cookie, brownie, or cake as my dessert (or creme brulee - my all-time favorite).

But THIS pie is one amazing pie. It's made by The Elegant Farmer in Wisconsin. Thankfully, somewhere between where we live and where Chris' parents live there is a Dutch Farmer's Market that carries them. Whenever one of us makes the trip we try to snag one.


Chris' parents left today and they left me this much. I'm not sharing with anyone. I ate a few bites for my appetizer and will eat more (probably the rest) for dessert. This one was called "Summer Berry" and had apples, blueberries, and raspberries in it...along with LARD, yes, lard. Why do the bad things always taste SO good?

1 comment: