Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 116 - Cloudy and Crabby

It's been a while since I've let out a self-pity sigh on here...(for your sake, I hope it's been a while).

It's cloudy, I'm exhausted, and I'm getting crabbier by the minute. I'm really looking forward to bedtime - for the kids and myself.


Although today was not a bad day, the routine is just plain wearing on me. I really, really want a break.

This is stemming from my envy of Chris getting a day off here, a 48 hour break there. He deserves it. He works hard. He probably works harder on his days off than I do on any normal day. But, I'd love to hear the words..."go home" or "take the day off".

Then I hear..."we went out for sushi" or "I had a big steak tonight", etc. while I'm cooking Ramen noodles and super pretzels for dinner. Again...I am trying not to be jealous...but I'd kill to go out to eat right now, and have someone else do the dishes. Heaven.

Life is hard for both of us. That darn grass is always greener, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, I am so proud of you for admitting it. You deserve a day off. You are an awesome mom, doing an amazing job. I would LOVE to take the kids while you go out with a friend one night if you want! I can handle them. ;) They really seemed to get along, don't you think??? I'll even do your dishes while you're gone. ;)

    ReplyDelete