Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 92 - The Fixer

Today is the day I need to figure out what I'm going to give Luke's teacher and teaching assistant tomorrow since it is the last day of school. I'm still in denial about the school year ending, but that's another story...

About a month ago I bought flower baskets from a fundraiser and I've been doing a really sad job of keeping them lovely enough for giving. Here is what they looked like this morning:

These don't exactly measure up to what I feel I owe them for putting up with Luke all year.

I started to contemplate a Plan B - a gift certificate? a better looking pot of flowers from the grocery store? one of my soon-to-be-finished clipboards? wads of cash?

Even though they deserve all of the above I decided to head to the nursery to pick up a few little flowers to perk up the existing baskets. This is how they look now:


The other thing I fixed today was the snag I ran into with my little clipboards. I couldn't get the price tags off the back without the messiest residue, so I covered them the problem areas with this little tag:


This picture doesn't show it very well, but I used scraps of paper that match the front sides. Now all I have to do is put the ribbons on and I can check one more thing off my to-do list!

1 comment: