Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 107 - The Gym

Now that school is out, the gym is my only kid-free break during my days. The gym has a great area for kids there, and thankfully, mine love to go there.

In my quest to get rid of these last *cough* 20 pregnancy pounds, I've doubled my workout routine. And if that is not enough, I'm willing to triple it.

While I was pregnant with Elise last summer, I worked out twice a week in a class called "Boot Camp". I revelled in the fact that I could still run faster then the other ladies while being 8 months pregnant. I guess I'm a little competitive. I also walked a couple of miles 3-4 times a week.

I thought the pounds would come flying off since I had worked out so hard all that time. My 37 year old body had other plans.

So, I started with a personal trainer once a week and continued doing Boot Camp once a week and then running whenever I had the chance. The weight still held fast.

I stopped nursing...my next excuse why it wasn't coming off. Yeah, that didn't help much either.

So in a one last ditch attempt to avoid dieting I doubled my weekly workouts.

Tuesdays - Personal Trainer
Wednesdays - Cardio Tennis
Thursdays - Boot Camp
Fridays - Kickboxing
Saturday - Running or Group Power

Today is Friday and the body held up fine this week during all of that exercising. I had sore calves, and heard a pop in my arm during kickboxing, but otherwise felt pretty good. I'm really hoping that this will help...I really, really want to have my cake and eat it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment