Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 15 - A 48 Hour Visit!

Chris came home today for the weekend! After only minutes of walking through the door it felt as if he had never left. The kids climbed on him, played "batman", and showed him all of the pictures, trophies, school work, etc. that he had missed out on the last two weeks.

He actually came home in the nick of time because tonight was Maria's carnival at her preschool. Being alone with 3 kids there would have not been a good time, but with him helping it was a joy.


When I was little I looked forward to my school's carnival more than any other day of the year. I loved deciding how to use my tickets and accumulating cheap little prizes. I especially was drawn to the cake walk, but don't remember ever winning one. My best prize was a real live gold fish that I won by throwing a ping pong ball into a little fish bowl.


It is fun to be on the "grown up" side of things now and see in my children how I felt back when I was a child. They spent their tickets, bought some cotton candy, and accumulated lots of cheap little prizes. And yes...one of them won a toothbrush...much better than a real live goldfish.

1 comment:

  1. So Sweet! Love the family pic! Faith won a toothbrush too! Glad you had fun. See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete