Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 18 - Special Order

I have so many projects hanging over my head that it's starting to stress me out. I have 2 special orders for Etsy, a basketball pool to help out with, and a huge consignment sale project all due within a week of each other. Sometimes when I have too much I my plate I run more smoothly, but this time I'm feeling rusty.

I was relieved to check one thing off of my list ~ the special order for 100 tags - finished and sent to Greece.




Arawen makes fantastic jewerly. I love the Victorian and Renaissance influences in her pieces. I also love that she is one of my best customers. She fell in love with my mariposa tags so we tweaked them to fit her custom stamp. Here's how I make them.

First, I hope that my printer is working. When it's is a good mood I print out the images I purchased from etsy seller piddix. I punch them out and ink all of the edges.

Then I cut out all of the gray tags, ink their edges, and punch a hole in them. Next, I get out the glue stick and get all of the little butterflies glued on. Finally, I loop the string through the hole and viola, they are finished.

I can't wait to get more checked off of my to-do list, but having this project on its way to Greece has lifted off quite a load!

2 comments:

  1. they look really good and ingenious! no problem about the feature, your tags are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Such a great color combo and process you've created.

    ReplyDelete