Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 70 - Unglamorous Life

Today I took the girls with me on a drive to the school I used to teach at. I needed to do an errand there, so if was the perfect opportunity to pop in for a short visit during the school's lunch hour.

My first thought was, "Wow, I'm talking to grown-ups" and my next was "Wow, I don't miss this at all."

I stopped teaching the year Luke started preschool - 3 years ago. I had to let my teaching certificate expire because I did not get the 18 credit hours I needed to keep it up. The years I should have been taking classes were spent having 2 children and having Chris gone 8 months at war.

So that left me being a stay at home mom. Thank goodness. I'm so thankful that the hard work Chris does allows me to stay home. It's a different life now. I never wear make-up. I consider myself lucky if I get to take a shower. I can wear the same pants 2 days in a row and it's no big deal.

I have no desire to work again anytime soon. I'm so happy with where I am at and the life that I have. I'm really looking forward to Chris getting back to share it with me.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed the visit today, even though it was pretty short. Elise sure has grown and is a cute little "wiggle worm"! I'm so happy that you are able to enjoy the kids as a stay at home mom, they grow up so fast! You are doing a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete