Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 78 - Freedom to Work

My mom has been staying with me the last couple of days so that I could knock off a couple of jobs on the huge to-do list. Combine that with a weening baby who will take a bottle willingly, and presto, I have FREEDOM!

Today my neighbor Melissa and I went for our annual trip to a locally owned garden center. When we buy 10 flats of flowers and veggies they knock off a dollar each bringing them to $8.95 a flat. I ended up with 4 flats, Melissa got 4, and I got to pick out 2 for my mom.


The fun part is the shopping, but then I get them home and realize I have to plant them all. That's nearly 200 plants. Yikes.

Thankfully, I had a willing kid helper today. In the veggie garden we planted corn, potatoes, strawberries, zucchini, summer squash, spinach, watermelon, tomatoes, beans, and jack be little pumpkins.


Then we moved on to the flowers. I got most of the pots planted and a few things planted in the flower garden. I still have over 2 flats left to plant, but I made some really good progress today.

Now I'm going to concentrate on the inside of the house because....Chris is coming HOME - tomorrow!! He's flying from California to St. Louis as I write this...then he'll drive the rest of the way tomorrow! It's his 40th birthday on Saturday, so it's going to be a special weekend. (And a short one...he flies back on Monday morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment