Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 87 - Craving Normal

Okay, this is getting old. I'm craving normal today. I want him to come back so we can get our lives back on track. There is a fine line between wishing away time and trying to enjoy each day.

I know a year from now, this will all seem like a blink of an eye...but each day is getting longer. And as Chris starts telling me of his upcoming duties overseas, the worry is starting to set in. We are not even at the hard part yet.

Today I'm down because I'm feeling bad for my kids being stuck with a grumpy, overextended mom. I'm jealous of other families getting to do normal weekend types of things like going to movies, yard work, and baseball games. I'm tired of my main form of adult interaction being Facebook.

Feeling sorry for myself is not one of my normal traits, so hopefully this is just a short phase and will move out quick. Soon the baby will wake up to distract me so I can get on with my day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. It's completely understandable. I have so much respect for you and your family! Hang in there. If you need anything, I'll keep my crazy dog better contained and be there in a heartbeat :) HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a FB or phone call away! It wasn't all that long ago that I was running daycare and had a hubby that worked nights and slept days. Now we are back to him working til 3am for the summer, so I'm available to play more than just playgroup days.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is understandable to crave normal.

    I hope your blog, and facebook, and your friends help you get through the upcoming year. This blog will be a remarkable document that will never let the year be only a blink of an eye - but a clear picture of a time in your life that will hopefully make you appreciate "normal" all the more when it returns.

    God Bless you and your family, and keep them safe until they are together again.

    ReplyDelete